Music courtesy of Joshua McLean.
Godot Engine used for development on Ubuntu.
An entry for the 2-button game jam.
Currently, there is only one level playable.
Next update: Driveability
- Arrow signs to show upcoming turns
- End level by stopping in a box
- Updated physics: improved braking to help kick the back out
- Fix to Big City Highway looping bug
- Traffic to smash into / avoid
- Three levels, each with three stages
- Probably more as I dream them up / people suggest them
Linux: Extract tar (e.g. tar -xzvf 2ButtonRacer.tgz) and run the .x86_64 file
Windows: Extract zip and run .exe
MacOS (untested): the zip should have everything you need, but I have no MacOS hardware to test it on. Let me know if it works!
- Driveability and Graphics TweaksApr 11, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'd never seen a Twitch stream before this - it's really interesting to see someone play it for the first time. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
I love the suggestion about stopping in a box at the end of the stage. I'll need to make the braking more controllable though!
Controlling the car is pretty challenging, but I guess it's supposed to be.
Also, I found a bug: driving south on the highway stage select lets you drive off into a featureless gray void. It's possible to get back to the track from there, but perhaps you should have the highway loop in both directions?